The Hytera VM685 Body Camera makes a perfect Lone Worker solution and the 16 Mega Pixel camera rotates 180° for easy adjustment and with its 140° wide angled lens, it ensures you don't miss any of the action.
Many of us work in a Lone Worker environment whether you are a Doorman, Security Supervisor, Security Guard or Civil Enforcement Officer at times confrontation is inevitable and a body camera is the perfect solution as it works as both a deterrent and a method of collecting evidence.
The Hytera VM685 is not just a Body Camera though, it enables the end user to communicate via Bluetooth or wire to their Hytera radio and use the device as a Remote Speaker Microphone.
The large orange Push to Talk (PTT) button offers instant communications to all staff in the event of an incident so you can get the support you need, when you need it the most.
Hytera’s Remote Video Speaker Microphone (RVM) is designed to capture, store and share media including audio, image and video evidence taken from the field.
The camera also has a colour display which allows you instant playback this eables you to playback the footage to the police on the scene. It also offers you access to the menu on the move so you can adjust the settings as necessary.
The Hytera VM685 has an 8-hour battery life during operation and 250 hour standby life thanks to its 2500mAh Battery. The battery is also removable enabling you to change quickly if necessary, increasing its operational time.
The body-worn camera with remote speaker phone allows users to make and receive voice communications, initiate an emergency alarm, and deliver real-time video to a control centre over the LTE network, even in low-light conditions; when paired with the Hytera Multi-mode Advanced Radio.
The Hytera RVM has a tamper-proof built-in storage facility ensuring the card cannot be removed from the device adding additional security.
The Camera is built to Military Standard 810G and has an IP67 dust and water protection meaning the camera can be used in any tough environment with its rugged and robust design.
The specially designed rotating clip can be easy installed on your belt, shirt, chest rig or jacket. It grips on easy to any clothing and allows you to angle, rotate and tilt the camera to ensure you get the best coverage. The clip has also been designed to grip onto the camera with the screen facing towards or away enabling you to wear the camera how you see fit.
It all comes down to personal preference and whether you want to protect the screen or have it on display so people can visually see what you are recording to act as further deterrent.
The Hytera VM docks into a specifically designed MCA22 Multi-Unit Charger that automatically exports audio, video, images and log files to the Digital Evidence Management (DEM) platform. This feature ensures content captured remains tamper-proof and is securely transferred to the control centre. For more information on the software options please scroll to the bottom of this page.
The Benefits of Using Body Cameras
- A reduction in number of complaints and allegations made about staff
- A reduction in the number of assaults and incidents by acting as a deterrent
- A Source of evidence to prosecute
- Ability to have video recordings in areas where no CCTV is present
- Reduction in reporting time as it provides accurate account of events
- A method to improve staff training by reviewing previous incidents
- Protect staff in lone worker situations and increase safety and increase confidence.
- 180° rotatable & 140° wide-angle lens
- 16-megapixel image sensor
- 1080p recording at 60 frames/sec
- Six infrared LED
- Ergonomic PTT button
- Playback button
- Emergancy call button
- Channel change button
- One-touch operation for capture video/voice recording
- Wired accessory connection
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Mission-critical build quality - MIL-STD-810G / IP67
- 2 watt speaker
- Lightweight design - 170g (including battery)
- Removable 2500mAh battery
- 8 hour battery life (working) / 250 hour battery life (standby)
Basic Package includes
- RVSM 1pc
- USB cable
- Clip (rotatable, length-adjustable)
- User Manual
- RVM Software
Hytera VM685 Accessories
|Hytera VM550 Belt Clip||£6.00||BC38||Buy Now|
|Hytera VM685 Belt Clip||£11.00||BC35||Buy Now|
|VM685 Holder with Integrated Klick Fast Connector||£30.00||RSTUD-HYTBC35-COM||Buy Now|
|VM Li-Poly Battery (2500mAh)||£26.00||BP2501||Buy Now|
|Switching Power Adapter (EU/UK)||£10.00||PS1084||Buy Now|
Six Way Multi-Charger and Data Extraction Station
(Chargers 6 x VM & 6 Spare Batteries at the same time)
|Micro-USB Earpiece||£6.00||EHU02||Buy Now|
|Radio Connection Cables|
|PDC760/PDC760 Radio Connection Cable||£39.00||PC105||Buy Now|
|PD7/PD9/PT580H Radio Connection Cable||£31.00||PC106||Buy Now|
|PD6/X1 Radio Connection Cable||£35.00||PC107||Buy Now|
Digital Evidence Management
Managing evidence collected in the field is fundamental, not only for ensuring a complete safeguarding process for the individuals and organisations, but also complying with data protection regulations. Htyera has three levels of software providing evidence management Solution for every user.
Ideal for small user groups (10 Users or less), the RVM manager is a Simple "plug and play" software with all the security measures you would expect. With two user authentication levels, ensures only those with access are allowed to make changes on the RVM devices and extract media via PC's disk drive.
- Free of charge software
- RVM setup and programming
- Simple password protected software with 2-level security
- Manually upload media captured (via disk drive) and clear existing media from RVM
- Charge via Micro USB (included) or via MCA22 Multi-Charger(optional)
SmartMDM IDS (integrated Device Station)
Designed with medium-sized user groups in mind (10-100 users), the SmartMDM multiple devices can be docked and the data removed simultaneously via the MCA22 multi-charger. Once the device is docked evidence is automatically removed from the device ready to be viewed, tagged and Saved.
- Utilise the SmartMDM software via the MCA22 Multi-Charger for batch uploading
- Programming multiple devices via the Multi-Charger using the RVM Manager Software.
- Tag, search and view evidence using the software's digital evidence viewer - password protected to comply with data protection regulations
- Save captured data within the application or connect to a server for data sharing
- RRP £645 ex VAT (includes software and Smart USB Licence Dongle)
Digital Evidence Management (DEM)
With Hytera's DEM software, multiple sites can be managed from a central location. Data Captured from any fleet of RVMs can be managed via DEM and integrated directly with existing IT infrastructure. Up to 50 SmartMDM ID's can be supported from one DEM centre.
DEM collects and stores digital evidence recorded on RVMs on public security networks. You can analyse and tag evidence, assigning keywords for retrospective search. For data security, you can assign different permissions to different users.
- Capable of processing large amounts of data
- Redundancy backup and load balancing mechanism for reliability
- Cloud server for centralised storage and control
- Automatic data upload
- Role-Based Access control and user authentication for security.